The phone system in St Vincent & the Grenadines is modern and cellular and Internet services are available.
- The country code is 784.
- Local phone numbers have seven digits.
- Local directory enquiries: dial 118.
- International directory enquiries: dial 119.
- Calls to the US and Canada: dial 01 + area code + local number.
- Calls to other countries: dial 011 + country code + area code + local number.
- Cable & Wireless (C&W) provide telecommunications services. Tel: 457-1901.
Public SmartPhones located around the island accept coins, SmartCards, which you insert into the slot on the phone, credit cards and prepaid calling cards, for which you dial a specified number and follow the voice prompts. Prepaid PhoneCards can be used with any Touch-Tone phone by dialling 111 and following the voice prompts. C&W SmartCards and prepaid PhoneCards are available at C&W offices and local agents around the islands.
To use American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa, dial 1-800-744-7777 and follow the voice prompts. You can also dial 1-800-CALL-USA to use US calling cards, major credit cards or to make collect calls.
- AT&T: Service is available from pay phones and/or selected hotels for calls to the US only using AT&T Calling Cards, AT&T Corporate Cards,American Express, Diner’s Club, Discover/NOVUS, MasterCard and Visa. Dial 1-800-872-2881 + area code + local number and follow the voice prompts. Pay phones may require a coin payment for the duration of the call.
- BT: Dial 1-800-744-1144, input your account number and PIN, then dial the number you require.
- Canada Direct: Service is available on public pay phones only and can be used with calling cards from Bell, MTS, Aliant, SaskTel and Telus. Dial 1-800-744-2580 for direct access to a Canadian operator.
- Sprint: Dial 1-800-366-4663 and follow the voice prompts.
- MCI MinutePass: no service available.